Duet-singing is one of the most complex types of vocal performance. The singers must feel the rhythm, know their own and the partner’s part perfectly well, feel their partner, his or her voice vibration, keep up, not outvoice but accompany the partner’s singing – and emotions if it is necessary at some point. A secret behind a good duet-singing is in harmony and unity of two performers sharing one stage.
The karaoke console X-STAR KARAOKE BOX has two options for duet-singing as well as battles. You can sing the songs that were specifically created for duets. And each singer’s part will be presented on the display with the subs of a different color. Before each part starts, the display offers a tip, counting down the time before one has to step in. You can also connect two microphones to sing any song, but you’d better previously discuss with your partner who sings what line.
We prepared 6 simple tips which will boost your duet-singing to a new level.
Elton John и Kiki Dee – Don’t Go Breaking My Heart
6 tips on great duet-singing
1. Select a song both of you know well and love. It’d better be the song in your mother tongue. Especially, if you’ve never done duet-singing karaoke before.
2. Rehearse the song in advance. No matter how confident you are about your talent, spend some time on rehearsal with your partner. Try using some attributes to create memorable stage images.
3. Duet is not an individual race. If one of you stumbles over, both will fall. Cooperate! Duet implies you perform as a tandem. If you care more about individual 3 minutes of glory, you’d better sing a solo.
4. Feel the song, its rhythm, and melody. Listen to David Bowie and Freddie Mercury doing that – there is a full harmony in everything.
Queen и David Bowie – Under Pressure
5. If you decided to add some dancing stunts to your performance, discuss this issue with your partner in advance. The best option is to prepare a dance together. A few synchronous movements will make your show more spectacular and your audience will be thrilled.
6. Take delight in your performance. It doesn’t matter if your singing was good or not – if you enjoyed it and charged your guests with positive energy, it was a great duet, after all. Select your next song.
John Travolta и Olivia Newton John – Summer Nights